Students participate in all aspects of the life of the Chapel from singing in concerts and serving in worship services to welcoming visitors and working behind the scenes. Students who are interested in opportunities to volunteer at the Chapel or to be a paid student worker are invited to review the positions below and contact us.
Tell stories of faith and learning with audio, video, photo or graphics. Duke Chapel is looking for students with experience in videography, photography, audio production and/or graphic design to assist in event documentation, program promotion and multimedia stories. Social media savvy is a plus. Work 2–5 hours per week. Paid position. To apply, contact the Communications Manager.
Intern for Community Engagement and Religious Life
- Participate in relational ministry with the Durham community
- Participate in multi-faith conversations through Religious Life at Duke
- Assist in planning and leading retreats, recruitment, community education, and service projects.
- Create a digital archive for community ministry
- Engage students through Religious Life and Community Ministry programs and activities
- Support the ministry team, as needed.
The intern will work with the Duke Chapel ministry team and will be supervised by the Community Minister. The intern should be a team player and attentive learner who is eager to work among a large staff at a University Chapel. Those students interested in student engagement, interreligious engagement, higher education administration, relational ministry, assets-based community development, and community organizing are encouraged to apply. M.Div. and M.Div/M.S.W. candidates preferred. Work 12–15 hours per week. Paid position. Application deadline is August 9. To learn more and apply, contact the Rev. Breana van Velzen, Community Minister for Duke Chapel.