Help tell the story of Duke Chapel to thousands of visitors.
We are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated Duke undergraduate students to greet and guide the people who visit the Chapel more than 250,000 times each year. As a student ambassador, you will be equipped to give weekly, personalized Chapel tours to various audiences. Sharpen your interpersonal skills, dive into your subject of interest outside the classroom, bridge the Chapel with the student body, Durham community, and world beyond.
Why Apply to Be a DCSA? Alt Text: A group looking at a stained glass window
- Practice and develop your presenting, teaching, and hospitality skills, engage with people from around the world, and leave a legacy on campus and in the community
- Explore your academic and personal interests outside of the classroom
- Create a specialized tour of the chapel that focuses on the subject of your choice: art, architecture, music, history, biblical studies, etc.
- Special privileges for DCSA’s, some of which include:
- Opportunity to have lunch with Dean Powery and connect with various guest speakers
- Training under prominent figures within the Duke community
- Special tower climbs
- Professional headshots
- Be a part of this selective FIRST class of Duke Chapel Student Ambassadors!
What We Are Looking For
- Undergraduate freshmen, sophomores, or juniors at Duke who are eager to represent the mission of Duke Chapel and who are particularly interested in a related topic (history, architecture, Biblical studies, music, hospitality, teaching, etc.)
- Ability and eagerness to work with diverse (and sometimes difficult) audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to invest between two and four hours per week, for at least two semesters (students who are eager and have the space, to take this seriously)
In order to be considered for a Student Ambassador position this Spring (January 2020), please fill out our online application by November 15, 2019.
For more information, please contact:
Caroline Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org