Contributors to the Chapel’s funds and endowments ($100 or more) are recognized as Friends of Duke Chapel. Your support and generosity are greatly appreciated. Friends' gifts ensure that Duke Chapel remains one of the most active university chapels in the country.
Make a Gift
Your online gift to Duke Chapel will:
- support vibrant worship
- connect students, staff, and faculty with the city and residents of Durham
- send students on foreign and domestic mission trips
- engage the greater Duke University community through programs addressing the challenges of Christianity, faith and service.
View the unrestricted gifts solicitation and read more on the Chapel's participation in the Duke Forward campaign.
Funds and Endowments
Other Ways to Give
Send a Check
Checks can be made payable and sent to: Duke University Chapel, Box 90974, Durham, NC 27708-0974. Please include instructions in the Memo line as to where your gift should be directed.
Make a Pledge
Pledges are an excellent option for those who want to give to the Chapel but are not yet ready to do so. To make a pledge, please email the Staff Assistant for Development or call (919) 684-5955.
The gift of stock is another way to contribute to Duke Chapel. For more information and instructions, please email the Office of Alumni & Development Records or call (919) 684-2338. Please be prepared to provide the name of the stock and the number of shares to be transferred, as well as the designation for the gift: Duke University Chapel. Also note that, unless otherwise indicated, a stock broker must be contacted in order to initiate the transaction.
Notification of a stock gift can also be given directly to the Chapel Development office at (919) 684-5351.
Duke University offers a number of customizable gift planning options that help donors further the ministry and mission of the Chapel, while also fulfilling personal financial goals. For example, a Legacy Giving plan may:
- generate a current income tax deduction
- provide a life income for yourself and/or loved ones
- reduce or eliminate income, capital gains and estate taxes
- provide a larger gift to the Chapel than was previously thought possible.
Planned gifts come in a number of forms, including:
- gifts of securities
- real estate
- tangible property
- residences or farms with retained life interest
- life insurance
- life income gifts,
- charitable gift annuities
- charitable remainder trusts
- pooled income funds
- testamentary gifts
- bequest gifts
- charitable lead trusts.
To learn more about Legacy Giving and other gift planning options at Duke, visit Giving to Duke or call the Office of External Relations at (919) 660-3456.