UPDATE: A recording of this service will be broadcast as an hour-long program on CBS television stations on December 24 at 11:35 p.m.; check local listings.
Christmas comes early to Duke Chapel! Join us on Sunday, November 24, at 4:00 p.m. for a festive service of lessons and carols that will be recorded live for later national television broadcast on CBS. Dean Luke Powery, the choirs and organists of Duke Chapel, a chamber orchestra, and a host of Duke students, faculty, staff, and friends will lead us in a marvelous evening of readings, choral music, and Christmas carols for all to sing.
Doors open at 3:00 p.m., and prelude music begins at 3:45 p.m.
An American Sign Language interpreter will be signing at this service.
The Chapel's regular Christmas Eve services will be held as usual on December 24.
Information for Ticket Holders
- This event is currently sold out. Please contact the Box Office at (919) 684-4444 if you have any tickets you no longer need.
- The tickets you reserved are available for pickup from the Duke University Box Office in the Bryan University Center at 125 Science Drive, Tuesday–Friday, 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. You only need to give your name to pick them up.
- If you choose to wait until the Sunday of the performance to claim your tickets, you will have to do so from 3:00–4:00 p.m. at the Page Auditorium box office, located inside the top floor of Page, just steps from the front doors of the Chapel. We encourage you to pick up your tickets in advance to avoid long lines at the box office just before the performance.
- If anyone in your party has accessibility needs, please contact the Box Office at (919) 684-4444 to make sure the proper accommodations are in place.
- There will be an ASL interpreter for this event. Please let the Box Office know if someone in your party will need to be stationed near the interpreter.
- Please arrive early in order to allow extra time for parking and to be seated in advance of the start of the service.
- Event parking is available for $5 in the Bryan Center Parking Garage at 125 Science Drive; ADA parking is available in the Bryan Center Surface Lot at the same address. Overflow parking will be available in the Chemistry Lot.
Please remember the following, as this service is being recorded for a national TV broadcast:
- Please be seated inside the Chapel no later than 3:45 p.m.
- Seating will be halted at 3:50 p.m. If you arrive any later than 3:50 p.m., you will be asked to wait outside until after the processional has concluded.
- It is especially important to silence all cell phones and avoid making noises.
- Photography and recording of any kind is prohibited.
- Should you need to leave your seat once the service begins, you may be asked to sit in an alternate section of the Chapel upon your return.
- There may be pauses in the service to allow for production needs.
- The congregation is invited and encouraged to sing during the carols!
- By attending this service, you grant Duke University permission to use your likeness in photograph(s)/video in any and all of its publications and in any and all other media, whether now known or hereafter existing, controlled by Duke University, in perpetuity, and for other use by the University. The University may also share this material with others, as appropriate.