The nonprofit organization Chorworks offers singers and conductors the opportunity to study and perform choral masterpieces, with an emphasis on works from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, through concerts and educational workshops. Through Duke Chapel, Chorworks is offering a summer program June 13–19, 2022, at Duke University for experienced early-career singers to participate in a week-long workshop on the music of the Italian composer Claudio Monteverdi. Singers invited to the program will receive a fellowship covering the full cost of tuition and housing (travel and meals not included).
- See the application requirementsAlt Text:ChorWorks singers perform at Duke ChapelTitle Text:ChorWorks singers perform at Duke Chapel
- Share the Chorworks flyer
The summer program will feature selections from Monteverdi's Selva morale e spirituale and his eight books of madrigals. It will include:
- Master classes—vocal solo and ensemble coaching
- Seminars—Monteverdi and his music, performance practice
- Performances—formal and informal concerts with period instrument accompaniment
- Coaching—training for conductors and continuo playing and future solo engagements at Duke
Applicants will receive their audition results on the week commencing April 18th. Successful applicants must submit the security deposit within ten days of an offer to secure their place.
For more information, contact Dr. Philip Cave, associate conductor for Chapel Music at Duke Chapel.