Chapel Scholars are selected through an application and interview process that asks them to reflect on their journey of faith and sense of calling. Applications are now being accepted for this year’s class of Chapel Scholars. Applications must be submitted by Thursday October 5, 2017 to be considered. Applicants will be contacted to arrange an individual meeting with Chapel staff. Once accepted, scholars are required to:
- participate in at least one Chapel reading group
- meet at least twice per semester with Chapel staff
- find ways to get involved in the worship life of Duke Chapel
- submit reflection papers for Scholar grants and Chapel mission trips
- find ways to connect with Chapel friends and neighbors in Durham
Scholars are eligible for an annual grant award up to $500 for mission trips, conferences, service projects, and other programs.