Major or intended major:
Title of proposed exhibit:
1. Describe the project and its theological scope. Please make sure this is in keeping with various theological concepts, how this project may illuminate one’s faith, or engage the topics of gender, race, and religion.
The Chapel views the creative arts as both an expression of the worship of God and an expression of human longing for God. By creating art from the materials of creation, humanity takes part both in the broken beauty of our creatureliness and of its glory.
2. Please describe how your artwork furthers this vision and aligns with the Chapel’s commitment to explore faith through the art.
If there are any additional notes about the medium you intend to use, please add them here:
4. The expectation is that minimally 6-8 pieces of art will be displayed. Depending on the size, we can accommodate anywhere from 12-24 pieces of work. Approximate how many pieces of art work you are proposing along with width and height dimensions.
5. Is this a project that is already completed? Yes or No
If not completed, please provide a timetable with a completion date of April 2019 when the exhibit will open for display in Duke Chapel. Be mindful not just of the completion of the work, but the time needed to frame and mount the artwork:
6. Please provide a proposed itemized budget. This budget should include expenses for materials and supplies needed to accomplish this event. Should you be selected, the Chapel reserves the right to amend the budget as we see fit:
7. Please describe any other coursework or experiences that demonstrate your interest and readiness to participate in a theology and arts project:
8. If this is a completed project, please list any links that visually display it, or e-mail a .jpeg file to email@example.com.
If this is not a complete project, please list links to a portfolio or previous work samples, or upload .jpegs below
9. Please list at least one Duke faculty or staff person who you will ask to send a letter of recomendation to Joshua Lazard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
10. Please provide your current GPA:
How were you made aware of the Lincoln Theology & Arts Fellowship
If you feel there is any additional information that we need, please let us know below:
Statement of intent
By submitting this form, it indicates that you have read the policies regarding art exhibits at Duke Chapel and agree to abide by them. The Chapel reserves the right to postpone or cancel an event which does not take place within the parameters stipulated in policy guidelines and/or within the time parameters scheduled through the Event Coordinator and approved by the Chapel Arts Committee. Receipt of this form does not constitute any type of confirmation on the part of Duke Chapel. Please refrain from publicizing the exhibit and any associated events (if applicable) and from making final arrangements until you have been selected, the project has been accepted and your space reservations officially confirmed.